5 Reasons Why A Workout Date Is The Best First Date Idea
You met a hottie in the park or some cutie during your lunch break. You got their number, but now what? Many people, men and women alike, are always searching for first date ideas. Beyond your standard drinks or dinner and a movie suggestion, the date creativity runs out pretty quickly. But have no fear, I am going to give you five reasons (some are scientific!) why doing a fitness activity as your first date is a great idea.
1. Common Interest- If you both are into fitness, then this date idea is a no brainer. If you guys both talk about how you love fitness or want to try the new yoga studio down the street, go ahead and make a move! You already have something to bond over so suggest a post class coffee at a nearby coffee shop to keep the date and endorphins going.
2. Adrenaline Increases Attraction- Speaking of bonding, did you know that if you encounter adrenaline and anxiety together, you will see the person you are with as more sexually attractive? In a 2011 study from McKendree University, researchers found that after just 15 minutes of physical activity, there was an increase of attraction levels between members of the opposite sex. Let science work for you and become more attractive to your date instantly!
3. Inexpensive- Drinks can get expensive in a hurry, but a walk in a park or a hike with great company is priceless! The only thing that you will need to bring is a bottle of water and you are good to go. Besides, it is a win-win as you get to know your date better while getting exercise and fresh air. If the date is going well, you could always invite your date out to continue and go for breakfast and coffee. (Tip: If your date rejects the offer of breakfast and coffee, you don’t want to be with them anyway because people who don’t like this combination, especially the coffee part, are monsters!)
4. Great Way To Explore In A Foreign City- Let’s say you are staying at your hostel and the guy or girl in a the top bunk across the corridor catches your eye. What better way to get to know them then asking them to explore the place you are in with you! Attraction naturally happens since you are in a new, foreign location and you are both seeing new things. Who knows maybe you’ll end up changing your trip and traveling with your new found travel fling...You wouldn’t be the first person to change their trip for that reason ;)
5. Teamwork- Want to know what someone is really like? Rent a tandem kayak or bike and let their real personality shine! These kind of experiences naturally create a bit of stress (See #2) and you will be able to bond over working together. A dancing class is another great idea for a date because you both are learning a new skill, working together, and it forces you to get over the awkward touch barrier very quickly. That being said you could always be like my girlfriend, Kaity, and bring your date to a jiu jitsu class, but I would not recommend that for everybody!
5 Fitness Date Ideas: